Melanie's Reviews > Unhallowed Ground

Unhallowed Ground by Mel Starr

Jan 29, 12

bookshelves: medieval, christian-historical-fiction, christian-suspense, mel-starr
Read in January, 2012

It is honestly hard to find Christian Fiction books set in Medieval times. One of my very favorite time periods to read about with my unrealistic dreams of castles and knights in shining armor! This book was superb! The mystery of whodunit kept you reading and guessing and trying to figure it out right alongside of Hugh. I loved the relationship with Hugh and his new bride Kate too which gave us another side of Hugh.. super helpful in character development. Mel Starr graciously gives us a mini dictionary in the front of the book with some medieval lingo, which I did have to use on occasion. Definitely not a book you can speed right through. The language barrier makes the reader spend more time and depth in understanding what is taking place.
This was Mel's 4th chronicle of Hugh and the first I have read. It didn't upset my reading at all with it being the 4th. It could easily stand alone, or draw in that you want to see what else Hugh as been up to prior to this murder investigation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unhallowed Ground.