Andre's Reviews > All I Did Was Shoot My Man

All I Did Was Shoot My Man by Walter Mosley

Jan 29, 12

The plot and story has been well documented here, so it will remain absent in my review. The crime and all of its' relations almost seem secondary to Mosley's sundry riffs on people and society. He is like a jazz artist in that way, and the various characters are merely instruments to help us experience the world through the eyes of a gifted writer. A very enjoyable book, one than is well paced, and you will not finger the person responsible for the heist until the very end. This yearning and deliberation always makes for a good who-done-it. I like the way Mosley works in characters from earlier books in the series, some may be bothered by this, but I love the reminders. If you read the other McGill books, this will be less of a distraction.

I can see Mosley almost hinting at another series, perhaps a younger PI,......interesting. The ending was very surprising, because of a meeting that didn't happen. I was actually looking forward to the encounter that perhaps may come in the next book. You can rarely go wrong with any Mosley book and this one is no exception.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Did Was Shoot My Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Great review. Mosley manipulates relationships like a master.

Yes, a Twill series would be great.

Evelyn I like your comparison to a jazz piece. I think you have hit on something with that!