Ava's Reviews > The Thing About the Truth

The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt

Jul 14, 12

Read in July, 2012

I love Lauren Barnholdt books and this one while it did have a great narrative I didn't think it was as good as Two Way Street or When It Happens or The Night That Changed Everything. In fact I thought it was really similar to Two Way Street in multiple ways, same type of people, similar formatting (two points of view, back and forth from before the event and after but there was a lot less of the after). Don't get my wrong I really enjoyed it I just didn't love it as much as I thought I would.

One thing I did really like was how she referenced Watch Me (originally Reality Chick) by mentioning Ally from '[Isaac's] favourite reality show In The House' which if you don't know (or couldn't guess) was the character from Watch Me.

I thought it was funny and sometimes sweet but I thought the truth was a little underwhelming and some subplots came to nothing. I know Barnholdt generally leaves some things untied but this time I felt she finished one plot and the rest where abandoned, some never really coming into play.

Also before it read it I (and others) thought it sounded somewhat similar to Perfect Chemistry, it really didn't remind me of it at all, which is good because that series infuriated me (yet I still read it…).

I thought it was a fun read, and I'd recommend it but it defiantly had some flaws but I can look past that and say it was a good read. I think if your a fan of Lauren Barnholdt you will enjoy it but I doubt it would be you're favourite. I'd read it if you're a fan of Kody Keplinger, Elizabeth Scott and Susan Colasanti (I don't know why but it kind of reminder me of When It Happens) but if you're not but think it sounds interesting I'd read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About the Truth.