Zoë Marriott's Reviews > FrostFire

FrostFire by Zoë Marriott

1975715
Jan 29, 2012

(Review from the author)

Eh... you know, I did write the thing. I kinda have to think it's good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read FrostFire.

Quotes Zoë Liked

Zoë Marriott
“It's as if people -- normal people -- are made of silver. Shiny to start with, but tarnished by time, by ill-treatment. Luca... Luca is gold. Nothing in the world could ever make him shine less brightly.”

Zoë Marriott
“Why does it hurt so much? Why does it have to hurt?”

Zoë Marriott
“Your heart is beating so fast,” he said softly, the words barely more than a whisper. “I can feel your blood humming under my hand. Are you frightened of me?”

Zoë Marriott
“I thought then that you were the bravest girl I’d ever met, and nothing that’s happened since has changed my mind.”

Zoë Marriott
“Trusting anyone can get you killed.”

Zoë Marriott
“I’ve learned a lot about love over these last months. And part of what I’ve learned is that you have to want someone for who they are, not who you want them to be. You have to love a real person, not some dream in your head.”

05/08/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Lamb Excellent.

Zoë Marriott Maeve wrote: "Heehee! Of course! There would be something seriously wrong if you gave your own book less than five stars!!"

Well, that's what I thought too :)

Luna I kinda think you're right ^^

Zoë Marriott Luna wrote: "I kinda think you're right ^^"

Luna Zoë wrote:
Plus, my editor said it was. And I have to listen to her or she'll steal all my semi-colons and whatnot."

Never argue with THE EDITOR O_O lol

Megha Started reading FrostFire :) LOVE IT SO FAR.

Zoë Marriott Megha wrote: "Started reading FrostFire :) LOVE IT SO FAR."

Yay!

Zoë Marriott Maeve wrote: "I ordered it at the library, but they gave me a completely different book! Grr... I want it! Lol!"

Oh no! Poor Maeve - my library did that to me once. The frustration! I hope you can get your hands on a copy soon :)

Ellie Does this take place before or after daughter of the flames?

message 10: by Lilith (new) - added it

Lilith I get that most writers do not like random suggestions from random 11 year olds but you NEED to write another book about Zahira and Sorin and what happens to them because I am a needy person when it comes to good books and I need this one!!!!!!

message 11: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë Marriott Lilith wrote: "I get that most writers do not like random suggestions from random 11 year olds but you NEED to write another book about Zahira and Sorin and what happens to them because I am a needy person when i..."

Well, I don't *mind* random suggestions from readers - but if I brought Sorin and Zahira back for a new story, you know I'd have to make horrible things happen to them, right? Do you really want that? I don't know if I could stand it after everything that happened to them already! Anyway, I promise that if I ever have a brilliant idea about their continued adventures I will write it, but at the moment I mainly want to imagine that they spend the rest of their lives in complete (boring) happiness :)

message 12: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë Marriott Ellie wrote: "Does this take place before or after daughter of the flames?"

Several years after, Ellie.

Jonna brilliant! thid actually waited few years on my book shelf before I read it now I can't understand why ever did I wait this long before reading this.

message 14: by Meta (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meta This comment might be a bit too emotional but hey, thanks for writing this book! I love it:)

message 15: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë Marriott Meta wrote: "This comment might be a bit too emotional but hey, thanks for writing this book! I love it:)"

Jonna wrote: "brilliant! thid actually waited few years on my book shelf before I read it now I can't understand why ever did I wait this long before reading this."

Sorry I didn't see your comment before, Jonna, but thank you - and thank you, Meta. No such thing as too emotional, and you're very welcome :)