Sheila DeChantal's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Jan 29, 12

Read in January, 2012

After starting a relationship with her guardian angel, the mysterious Patch (Hush Hush), Nora has started to think things could not get better. After all - Patch is great looking, dark, mysterious, gorgeous... and he was hers. Yet, after a great day at the beach, Nora had said she loved him and then things went down hill quickly.

First of all... not only did Patch not return the sentiment, he also takes off. AND not only does he take off but he goes to Marcie Millar's home. MARCIE. Nora's nemesis. When confronted about this, Patch seems aloof and avoids her questions. What happened to their magical relationship?

*hmmmph!*

Angels....

It was January 2010 when I read Hush Hush, the first book in this trilogy and GUSHED about the story. I loved the mystery behind Patch and what he stood for... and while Nora annoyed me a bit (think Bella from the Twilight series...) it was still a worthy read/listen.

Fast forward to this second book, Crescendo. When I seen the audio at my library I was excited to see where this one would go. Patch was back still brooding and mysterious, and Nora.... well Nora was more annoying then the first book... I think maybe this is because I really like reading about strong female characters and ditzy ones tend to annoy me. Maybe I need to remember that Nora is a teen and in love and if I think about it... I guess I was a bit like Nora when I was that age.... so maybe, I am just irritated with myself.... :razz:

The audio is good, this one really centers around someone known as "The Black Hand" and Nora's fathers death, which I do not recall being a big point (if a point at all) in Hush Hush.

In the end I enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoyed Hush Hush. I have however heard that Silence (the third in the series) is fantastic and so I am continuing on. Silence was released in October of 2011, so for those starting the series, all books are ready to read straight through.

I think this series may appeal to the 12 - 18 year old readers more than me.... Patch is truly SSSQQQQUUUUEEEE worthy and I think that age group would appreciate Nora more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.