Shari Larsen's Reviews > Seek Me with All Your Heart

Seek Me with All Your Heart by Beth Wiseman

Jan 29, 2012

Read from January 28 to February 01, 2012 — I own a copy

This is the first in the series of stories of two Amish families who have moved from Ohio to Colorado for different reasons.
Emily Detweiler was brutally raped in Ohio, which shakes everything she has believed in, including her faith. She believes she is "damaged goods" because of it and not worthy to be a wife to any man. Her parents hope the move will let her put the past behind her and give her a new start.

David Stoltzfus doesn't understand the reason his family moved, but he has a health condition that he fears will cut his life short, so he is afraid to get close to anyone, but when he meets Emily, she stirs his heart. Emily is surprised to find herself attracted to David, but she is afraid when he finds out the truth about her past, he will reject her.

I really enjoyed this novel, and getting to know the other family members too. The author sets up their stories nicely to be continued in future books. I liked Emily's younger sister Betsy, a precocious 7 year old, she added some gentle humor to the story. I also liked the storyline of Emily's older neighbor, a cantankerous woman who deep down just wants to be part of a family. I look forward to reading the rest of the series to find out what happens next for everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seek Me with All Your Heart.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Meryl (new)

Meryl This book sounds good. Is your copy digital? Where did you get it?

Shari Larsen I got mine on Amazon, for my Kindle. It was on sale for $3.89 that day that I downloaded it.

Betty I loved it