Michelle 's Reviews > Vala: Agendas

Vala by Cloud S. Riser

Jan 29, 2012

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, favorites, review-on-blog
Read on January 28, 2012

I really really loved this book! I was so excited while I was reading it because I kept liking it more and more. I have been in a so so reading slump. Lots of 2 and 3 star books that I either didn't enjoy or liked but didn't love. It kind of puts you in a weird mood. I want to be excited about the books that I read, and Vala: Agendas did that for me! Once I picked it up I could not put it down. I actually had dinner plans and had to stop reading around 1/4 way through the book, and all through dinner I was just thinking about what was going to happen next. I think I may have even eaten a little faster.

Cheyenne is a cool character, I love that she interacts with plants. There are so many freaking secrets in this book, I don't even know where to start. It seems like everyone has not one, but multiple secrets- it is hard to keep them all straight. I am dying to know about the secrets surrounding Denver the most! We don't even know what he is! I know it must be driving Cheyenne crazy but she handles it all really well. Probably better than I would be. I know I would be demanding answers. (I hate not knowing things)

Denver is the mysterious, bad boy type and normally that is not my thing, but there is just something about him. I like that Cheyenne acknowledged that he was a bad boy and she normally did not go for that, but she couldn't help herself sometimes when Denver is involved. I am dying to know more about his backstory and I hope it is a real focus in the second book.

The twins Anj and Des are pretty cool, but when Cheyenne's dad said she didn't trust the seer, I was so intrigued. I did not doubt either of them for a second. I am so interested to see if anything is going to happen with them. They seem really genuine, so I would be really sad if that is not the case- but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I really liked that there are still more than a few unanswered questions at the end of the book. It is giving me something to look forward to for the next book. I think Vala Agendas sets up the story really well for an awesome series! I can't wait for the next book to come out. I'm really excited for it! Lot's of great things are to come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vala.