Emily's Reviews > Fire Study

Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: characters-i-wish-i-knew, fantasy, grown-up-books, love-story, 2012-reading-challenges
Read in January, 2012

Why I picked it up: Last in a trilogy

The action picks up not long after Magic Study ends. Yelena wants to learn more about her magic, but is also scared of what she has learned about her particular magic so far. She continues to be headstrong, a little impulsive, and to have the loyalty of those we as readers have come to know and love.

I find myself liking this book more and more as I think back on it and the series as a whole. There are things from the first book that come back here, and I always like that. When I had about 50 pages left, I kept wanting to pick up the book at stoplights, and that's always an indication to me that it's a good book! Parts are slower than others, and there is a lot of what I call "magic theory" here, which is less exciting to me. But overall, I really, really enjoyed both this particular book and the trilogy as a whole. The characters are the best part. When Valek would show up, I found that I was as happy to see him as Yelena was--another mark of a great character.

Jessica's Scavenger Hunt: Sword

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Study.