Sarah's Reviews > Hello, Mallory

Jul 11, 08

bookshelves: favourites
Recommended for: Fans of nostalgia, BSC
Read in January, 1998

I feel compelled to review this book from the Babysitters Club franchise, only because it was the one 'BSC' book that I read atleast ten times. The more I read it, the more I realized, that at the age of 10, I was a lot like Mallory. Shy, kind of wanting to fit in with the "cool kids", attemptign to dress fashionable and failing miserably, all the while repeatedly telling my parents "You just don't get it". I'm not going to pseudo-intellectually review this book, because I haven't read it in years, but just some food for thought:

This was also the first book in the BSC franchise that really showed the BSC members as sort of arrogant, elitist, which was an interesting approach for Ann Martin to take. It's really a sort of initiation into the BSC world, what it would be like for an outsider to even attempt to hang out with such pretentious girls.

So yeah, good book, but man they were mean to Mallory. I guess I took offense at the time of reading it because it's probably what would have happened to me, lol.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hello, Mallory.