Heatherblakely's Reviews > Dare Truth or Promise

Dare Truth or Promise by Paula Boock

Feb 02, 2012

Read from January 29 to February 02, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I'd really give this a 3.5, but since that's not an option, I'm rounding up. I read this after reading a few Julie Ann Peters books, and this was much better. I appreciated how one girl was confused and the other was more sure of herself, because that's exactly how my first relationship was. I also loved the priest and his talk with Louie about homosexuality, love, and religion. Definitely one of the better young adult lesbian novels I've read, although Annie on My Mind is still my favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dare Truth or Promise.

Jessa I love the priest. I loved that he got to make all the arguments that disprove people who hate on GLBT in the "name of God" and yet are cutting their hair, eating things besides locusts, and not sacrificing lambs every week. Hugs for him, haha.

Heatherblakely Wait, you don't sacrifice lambs or eat locusts?

Jessa Heatherblakely wrote: "Wait, you don't sacrifice lambs or eat locusts?"

Of course not. I eat lambs and sacrifice locusts. It's kind of hard stabbing those little guys with the holy dagger and smearing their blood on my doorframe gets a little difficult but, you know, it's gotta be done.