Michelle (meshe)'s Reviews > Buried Prey

1120185
Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012, kindle
Read from January 29 to February 01, 2012

So glad that John Sandford didn't disappoint. Buried Prey is #21 in the Lucas Davenport series and it's just as good as the previous 20.

This book begins with the discovery of two sisters buried under an old building that is being torn down. Davenport worked the original case, first as a patrolman then as a plain clothes. This is the case that got him out of a patrol car and into the detective bureau. I loved the flashback and getting to see Lucas as a young policeman. Lucas was never happy with the outcome of the case. He didn't believe the party line that the mentally ill, homeless man who was shot fleeing the police was the kidnapper.

As Davenport investigates the case, he comes back to his initial conclusion that the mentally ill man was not guilty and that the mysterious tipster may well have been the criminal. Del plays a big part in the investigation and Jenkins and Shrake play a bit part. And Marcy, oh Marcy. Why?

As always I'll anxiously await the next book in this series and in the meantime, I'll just be off to read #5 in the Virgil Flowers series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried Prey.