harlequin {Stephanie}'s Reviews > Obsidian Butterfly

Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian Butterfly.

Quotes harlequin {Stephanie} Liked

Laurell K. Hamilton
“one of the good things about being a woman is that my level of testosterone poisoning is lower than most men's.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“If you only believe when it's easy, you don't really believe.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“If you can't impress yourself, then no one else really matters.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“The Greeks believed that once there were no male and female, that all souls were one. Then the souls were torn apart, male and female. The Greeks thought that when you found the other half of your soul, your soul mate, that it would be your perfect lover But I think if you find your other half, you would be too much alike to be lovers, but you would still be soul mates.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“I hate women who complain about being fat when they're like a size 5. Anything under size 5 isn't a woman. It's a boy with breasts.”
tags: humor

Laurell K. Hamilton
“If you're dressed for my funeral, it's too casual. If it's just street clothes, then you must be scaring the tourists.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“I couldn't think of anything helpful to say, so I resorted to humor, my shield of last resort. 'Just please tell me they don't have a dog and a picket fence.'

He smiled. 'No fence, but a dog, two dogs.'

'What kind of dogs?' I asked.

He smiled and glanced at me, wanting to see my reaction. 'Maltese. Their names are Peeka and Boo.'

'Oh, shit, Edward, you're joking me.'

'Donna wants the dogs included in the engagement pictures.'

I stared at him, and the look on my face seemed to amuse him. He laughed. 'I'm glad you're here, Anita, because I don't know a single other person who I'd have admitted this to.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“He made a small sigh, as he swallowed the first blood, then his mouth closed over my earlobe, mouth working at the wound, tongue coaxing blood from the wound. He pressed his body the length of mine, one hand cupping my turned head, the other playing down the line of my body. Maybe it was just blood, but I never stroked my steak while eating it.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“...on the job there was nothing but the job. You left the shit outside the door. You could always pick it up on your way back out.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“If I wanted death, Edward would give it to me. Because we both understand that it isn't death that we fear. It's living.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Just what I needed—a necromancer with an attitude. Oh, wait, I was a necromancer with an attitude.”