Jasprit's Reviews > Losing Lila

Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: out-2012, read-in-2012, ya, paranormal, romance
Read from June 30 to July 03, 2012

Losing Lila was a book I’d immediately added to my wish list once I’d devoured Hunting Lila earlier this year. Sarah Alderson had made me go through so much with the first book, and then she left me flabbergasted with two big sucker punches at the end! Alderson sure knows how to toy with your emotions, with teasers for Losing Lila posted on her twitter, a promise of a pov from Alex at the end of Losing Lila and the novella Catching Suki kept me hanging on for more. I honestly couldn’t wait for its release; I’d pre-ordered my copy long ago and nervously counted down the days. But I was super lucky to get my hands on an arc thanks to the lovely Sam over at Realm of Fiction. I literally jumped up for joy when my copy arrived, all my current reads could wait as nothing would be getting in the way of me and Alex Losing Lila.

Losing Lila kicks off with Alex and Lila on the run from the unit. Now finally understanding what the unit is up to, Lila couldn’t get away fast enough. But after what happened and the bombshell Demos dropped Lila has no choice but to go back, but with security obviously upped after what happened, it’s going to be tough to convince the unit to welcome them back with open arms. But Lila and Alex need to come up with some plan as they need to go back.

Alderson sure knows how to suck you back into a book, I was super excited for it from the beginning, but so many things are thrown your way from the get go; my heart was pumping frantically, I had an immediate adrenaline rush (this may have largely due to the fact that I was back with the gorgeous Alex). Alex and Lila were in such a tough situation, I was surprised that Lila hadn’t already crumbled with everything going on around her. But Alex was the strong support she needed, he always had faith in her and her ability and provided the re-assurance that they would find a way out (with or without Demos).

I had so much fun being back in this world again, I think that these are the best bunch of characters I’ve ever come across. Ever since Hunting Lila I had been dying to get to know Demos’s group more and we certainly got the chance to. I didn’t think it was possible but I loved them even more after this instalment. I adored Suki ever since we got to know her that little bit more in Catching Suki, but I again looked forward to her quirky, zany personality, her quick witty comebacks with the others and her and Nates constant fangirling over Alex. Demos; this big hunk of a man, still remains a big enigma to me, but I adored his character so much and on several occasions my heart went out to him (view spoiler)

Alex; this guy deserves his own paragraph, in Hunting Lila he quickly became one of my favourite literary crushes and in Losing Lila he easily proved why. Some of his scenes were so swoony and gut wrenchingly achy. This guy so knows how to wear his heart on his sleeve, and I think that’s what made me love him even more, he wasn’t afraid to reveal his feelings for Lila or defend her honour *sigh*.

Losing Lila provided a powerful follow up to the unforgettable Hunting Lila. It was fast paced and again constantly had us in two minds as we never knew who we could fully trust, and who would stab us in the back. Overall Losing Lila was an action packed engrossing read full with non-stop tantalising moments. It will definitely be joining Hunting Lila on my favourites shelf.

Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which somehow is managing to track their every move. Whilst Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila’s only thought is of finding a way back to California so that she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they’re being held.

Struggling to control both her growing power and her deepening feelings for Alex, Lila decides the time has finally come to stop running and start fighting. Together with Alex, Demos, and the people she’s come to think of as family, Lila plans not just to save her brother and mother, but to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for.

But the plan requires Lila to return alone to California, make friends with the enemy, and to risk losing everything - Alex, her family, and even her life.

Post-reading thoughts;

I absolutely loved being back with these amazing characters and I just loved everything about this book! And the bonus at the end? I didn't think it was possible but I love Alex even more! :D

This review and more can be found on The Readers Den
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lila.

Eunice Ugh! You and Sam got this!!! I'm so jealous!! I'm dying here! LOL! Happy reading, Jasprit! I look out for some Alex news! Hahaha! :D

Jasprit Sam was so sweet that she lent me her copy! I haven't been able to read much, but yes you'll be the first to know any hot Alex news! ;)

Devyani OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD :O

Y-Y-You said that you liked Alex more ?

Y-Y-You and Sam read it .

Jealous beyond imagination .

Jasprit Yes Devyani!!! He was freaking amazing!! I assure you him and this book won't disappoint!!! I can't wait until you can finally read it! :)

Devyani I can't wait to read it!!!
Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear !
ALEX I'M COMING !

message 6: by Nomes (new) - added it

Nomes completely jealous! good to know it delivered x

Jasprit haha Devyani, you don't have to wait to long for the release! The wait will be totally worth it! :)

Thanks Nomes! I hope you end up loving it too! :)

Devyani yes yes I know .Pfft .. I waited for a year , another month can't be that bad , can it ?

ONE MONTH :O

Eunice A bonus in the end that would make you love Alex even more? Oh my...I'm dying here! I need to see this really soon! One month!!!! I look forward to your review, Jasprit!!

message 10: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Valentine Aleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex!!! <3 I don't think I can believe that it's possible to love him more, but you DO? Oh my :') <3

Jasprit I really can't wait for you all to read this too! So we can gush together over Alex!

Eunice (view spoiler)

Eunice Really!? That's awesome! Seriously, I need to see this so freaking soon! (view spoiler)

~Tina~ I love Alex ~sigh~ Can't wait to read this:)

Joy (joyous reads) Girl, how do you have a copy of this book already? Is this book out? *flails*

Jasprit Aww ladies I wish all you could have copies asap!!

Eunice seriously he will just make you melt! <3!

Joy, the lovely Sam got an arc and let me borrow her copy, I'm such an impatient person and would never have been able to wait until August for more Alex! ;)

message 16: by Hilda (new)

Hilda Argh, I need to read Hunting Lila first before I can join the gushing. Looking forward to meet Alex! ;)

Jasprit Hilda, seriously get on to that book asap!! We want you to join the Alex fan club too! But even though he is obviously mine, you can still be a fan! ;)

♥Rachel♥ Can't wait to read your review, Jasprit! Yay! :)

message 19: by Ria (new) - added it

Ria [The Beaucoup Review] OMG YOU'VE READ IT!! So jealous, but now even more excited for it.<33

message 20: by Eunice (last edited Aug 02, 2012 08:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eunice Yay! I'm so excited to start this one and devour Alex! LOL! Alderson is really good writing unpredictable twists that keeps you thinking and thrilled. Brilliant review, Jasprit. So glad you enjoyed it. :)

Jasprit Thanks Eunice! I really hope you love it too! :)

I adored all the characters Sam, but Suki and Nate did lighten up the mood a lot, especially around Alex! :)

♥Rachel♥ Oh my! I'm so excited to get back into this world again. Excellent review Jasprit. :)

Jasprit Thanks Rachel! I know I didn't want it to end at all! I think I read it on twitter that Alderson may be considering a third book! :D