Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > The Viking's Sacrifice

The Viking's Sacrifice by Julia Knight

Jan 29, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-read, viking, kidnapped, deaf-or-mute, family-issues, betrayal, historical, historical-experienced-heroine, widow
Read in February, 2012

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

{Please note, full review contains minor spoilers}

Expected Release Date: January 20, 2012 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Carina Press
Author’s Website: http://www.juliaknight.co.uk/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

In the end, no matter how much I enjoyed Einar’s character, the language barrier between him and Wilda, and the intriguing mystical element of the curse, I couldn’t get past the historical accuracy. I simply find that historical books where women are treated horribly just don’t appeal to me. Unfortunately, the reality is that viking culture involves exactly that, at least when the author strives for accuracy as I believe Ms. Knight did.

While the romance was certainly satisfying, I do think that this might appeal more to fans of historical fiction than just historical romance.

For me, though, despite the fact that the story was certainly interesting, the slow-building romance between Wilda and Einar was beautiful, and the ending was absolutely lovely, this just wasn’t my cup of tea.

3/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Viking's Sacrifice.