Tamara Taylor's Reviews > Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Mar 06, 12

bookshelves: ya, read-in2012
Read from March 04 to 06, 2012

This was my first John Green novel and I really enjoyed it! He is a talented writer able to convey humor and tragedy elegantly. His characters feel very real. I look forward to reading more Green in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Alaska.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alexis I love John Green.

Alexis A lot of the kids in my writing group loved John Green too.

Alexis I love all his books, but I have to say that Abundance of Katherines is my least favourite, and The Fault in our stars made me cry the hardest.

He also has a youtube channel that has some hilarious videos with his brother Hank. I used to watch the challenge they did

From wikipedia.org- "HankGreen and his brother John ran a video blog project called Brotherhood 2.0.[5][6] The original project ran from January 1 to December 31, 2007, with the premise that the brothers would cease all text-based ("textual") communication for the year and instead converse by video blogs, made available to the public via their YouTube channel Vlogbrothers and on their website. The initial idea for the project was created by John when, during an instant messaging conversation between the two, he pointed out they had not gone past the realms of communication via phone conversations, e-mails, and instant messaging for nearly a year.[7]

Recurring themes included "Nerdfighters", adding the phrase "in your pants" to book titles, "Song Wednesdays", "Question Tuesdays" (these normally did not take place on a Tuesday, which lead to video titles such as "Question Tuesday on Friday"), punishments for breaking the rules, clips of Hank humping various items, and featuring giraffe sex as the thumbnail for videos. First intended as a joke, it soon became apparent that said thumbnail substantially increased the number of views.

In their December 31, 2007 video, it was revealed that the brothers had decided to continue vlogging even though the project had ended."

Read about the Brotherhood and their continued video-blogging on Hank Green's wikipedia page,