Sparrow's Reviews > The Fountainhead

bookshelves: disturbing, reviewed
Recommended to Sparrow by: Ayn Rand
Recommended for: I'd read Atlas Shrugged instead
Read in August, 2004 , read count: 1

THIS HORROR STORY IS TO SCARY FOR ME IT HAS A CREEPY GINGER KID AND HE RAPES ANN COULTER BECAUSE SHE WANTS HIM TO!!1! THEN THEY HAVE A LOT OF TICKLE FIGHTS AND BUILD SUM HOUSES THATS ALL i REMEMBER.
111 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fountainhead.

01/31 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Man, Meredith, you really have a way of summing these Rand books up in a way that I find intensely satisfying.

Sparrow I really love her in some weird way, but she's a lunatic. I wouldn't keep going Gypsy. Read Atlas Shrugged. The boys are cuter there.

Sparrow Gypsy - Yeah, I would never force anyone to read Rand, but I was glad I read AS first. I've had friends say they've liked this one better, so who knows?

Ceridwen - Summarizing is such great revenge. I do this in arguments with friends, too, which is probably not fun for other people, but I think it's pretty funny. I'll be like, "So what I hear you saying is . . ." (cause that's what you're supposed to do for conflict resolution, right?) And then if they said an asshole thing, I'll say the exact opposite of what they said. And if they just said something confusing, I'll try to find a cliche that fits. I could see how it would be annoying, but it's a great way to express my creativity.

message 4: by Rhardwick (last edited Feb 14, 2010 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhardwick I personally enjoyed the book, but your review for it is absolutely hilarious- it's the perfect description for the thing.

Sparrow Ha! As I say, I'm an Atlas Shrugged girl, myself. I really do love Rand. It's all in good fun.

message 6: by j (last edited Sep 14, 2010 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

j HOWARD ROARK IS A BUILDER WHO LIKES TO MAKE SQUARE BUILDINGS BUT PETER KEATING LIKES PORTICOS THAT MEANS HIS SOUL IS DISEASED.

Sparrow HE BUILDS THEM IN A FUCKING MOUNTAIN AND THERES A STATUE I THINK OF GOD.

message 8: by trivialchemy (new)

trivialchemy I thought I was totally over this meme until the raping of Ann Coulter bit. You, madame, are a winner.

Sparrow THANKS

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, man, thanks for the float. This was a great one. :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, I noticed a while ago that Gypsy Ryan deleted her account, and it makes me supersad. :(

Sparrow That IS super sad! I wonder what happened. I liked her. I don't usually see people actually delete their accounts. I thought this thread looked weird, though, when I glanced over it, but I didn't notice that it was because her post wasn't there.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I've noticed a couple of quiet account deletions recently. One of my friends, Wolfie, disappeared too. :(

Sparrow Weird. I guess GR friendships are fragile. :'(

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

:""""(

message 16: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez I LOOOOOOOOOVED GYPSY RYAN! She left just over a month ago, I noticed (maybe more). Perhaps she's lurking around under a different name. Anyway, she's made some of my threads make me look like I'm talking extensively to myself...

Sparrow She didn't tell you why she was leaving, either?

message 18: by j (new) - rated it 5 stars

j it's kind of sad that deleting an account scrubs everything clean. some threads i've seen have posts from "deleted member" with no username. surely that's a workable solution, even from a privacy standpoint?

back when i used myspace, it always annoyed me when a deleted profile entry would appear in my friends list and i'd have no idea who it used to be.

Sparrow Do you think they changed the settings so that it doesn't do the "deleted member" thing anymore? Because that seemed better. Maybe there's an option when you delete your account. Someone should ask David Kowalski the next time he deletes his. He does that off and on, right?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I bet you have the option to delete all your posts or not. Not that I'm going to try it.

I hope Gypsy returns some day. :(

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristi wrote: "I LOOOOOOOOOVED GYPSY RYAN! She left just over a month ago, I noticed (maybe more). Perhaps she's lurking around under a different name. Anyway, she's made some of my threads make me look like I..."

She didn't tell me any reason for the deletion, either. She had a cool group about poetry that's gone now too. :(

Sparrow Ariel wrote: "Was this review really written before the golden age of caps lock reviews? So ahead of your time, Meredith!"

It was punctuated and without the caps lock before. But it seemed to fit when the meme started.

message 24: by Paquita Maria (last edited Sep 14, 2010 10:45PM) (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez Here's one for Gypsy Ryan. I miss(ed) you.

Sparrow You literally made me choke on my own spit. Brilliant music posting day on your part.

message 26: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez Thanks, Mere-poppins! Goodreads friends-R GOOD(reads)FRIENDS!

Sparrow OMFG. I can't believe you just changed that first comment. CHANGE IT BACK!!!

-mere poppins

message 28: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez THIS ONZ FUUUR THE GYPSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. STAY.

message 29: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez Does that work in place of my prior blabber? I overly self-edit. Does this make it better? GYPSY RYAAAAAN!

Sparrow Okay, I guess that's good enough. Kind of.

Sparrow Kristi wrote: "Does that work in place of my prior blabber? I overly self-edit. Does this make it better? GYPSY RYAAAAAN!

If only she knew . . . *single tear*

message 32: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez If she only knew that we ruv her? I could critique her on her sweet little lies...like when she left goodreads and didn't tell anyone.

WHERE ARE YOU, G RY!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?

Sparrow Do you think this is her? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/p...

You could still serenade her if it is. And tell her we totally ruv her.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Meredith wrote: "Do you think this is her? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/p...

You could still serenade her if it is. And tell her we totally ruv her."

Hmm. Seems kind of...illiterate to be Gypsy? She didn't have kids either, right?

Sparrow Yeah, I thought that, too. But then I thought she could have been undercover as a literate person.

Hatebeams Woah, I totally chanced upon a lol here..

message 37: by Sparrow (last edited Mar 04, 2012 01:44PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sparrow haha, what? ohhh, see? It's been so long, I can't even remember the characters, just the tickle fights. Sad!

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio SUMMARIZE THIS BOOK YOURSELF DONT RELY ON THE WELFARE STATE YOU SOCIALIST LEECH

Sparrow SOCIALIST WELFARE REVIEWING IS TEH PROBLEM WITH GOODREADS.COM

Stephen Filippis Please learn to spell

Sparrow It was a joke.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephen wrote: "Please learn to spell"

Please learn to use periods.

Stephen Filippis Ceridwen wrote: "Stephen wrote: "Please learn to spell"

Please learn to use periods."

Touche.

message 44: by Nenia (new)

Nenia Campbell Sparrow wrote: "SOCIALIST WELFARE REVIEWING IS TEH PROBLEM WITH GOODREADS.COM

."

HAVEN'T YOU NOTICED THAT 'GOODREADS' HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF LETTERS AS 'COMMUNIST'? IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

Stephen Filippis Sparrow wrote: "It was a joke."

Sorry, the closer I am to becoming an engineer, the more clueless I become about jokes. I did find the nightmare scenario humerous.

Sparrow haha, no worries.

Sparrow It was also funny because you commented in the middle of me laughing to my roommate about how funny I think teen all-caps reviews are.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Misspelling "humerous" after chastising someone for (intentionally, jokingly) misspelling a word is humorous indeed.

Sparrow Nitpicking on a site where with a bunch of nitpickers is also . . . fitting.

Sparrow *where with