Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)'s Reviews > Snitch

Snitch by Allison van Diepen

Goodreads Summary
In a school run by gangs, staying out was harder than joining. We knew who our friends were, and were careful what we said. If people thought we were haters, it would only be a matter of time....
Lines are clearly marked at South Bay High School. It's mixed territory for the Crips and the Bloods, which means the drama never stops.

Julia DiVino wants none of it. No colors, no C-Walks -- it's just not her thing.

But when Eric Valienté jumps into her life, everything changes. Lines are redrawn. And then they're crossed.

My Thoughts

Snitch incorporates grtitty reality of inner-city life with hard life choices as well as relateable romance. The characters - especially Julia - felt complex and as if each decision made were real. There's romance, cussing (as you might expect), and hurtful betrayal that cuts right to the core. I'm keeping my eye on van Diepen and any other works she might have in store.

I enjoyed this book for its fast-paced plot and contemporary feel, a great read that feels wholly authentic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snitch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. My professor asked her to come in and speak in our class when I took Children's Lit - we read this book. She did signings after but alas I had to rush to 17th Century Poetry.

Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads) K. wrote: "My professor asked her to come in and speak in our class when I took Children's Lit - we read this book. She did signings after but alas I had to rush to 17th Century Poetry."

NOOOO! Ha, I wish I had a signed copy of this! I hope that 17th Century Poetry class was worth it? XD