Ibjoy1953's Reviews > Unhallowed Ground

Unhallowed Ground by Mel Starr

U_50x66
Jan 28, 12

Read in January, 2012

This was my first book in this series so I had fun figuring out some of the words, which I thought was neat. Maybe because some of my family no longer with us used some of the same words? And Hugh’s herbal medicines would interested a lot of people today, I wonder myself if some of these remedies will work just as well as prescription medicines.

I felt bad that Hugh was on his own thinking that someone else murdered old atte Bridge, instead of him taking his own life. Well except Hugh’s new wife that is. I enjoyed the love, and trust of this couple, and the dependence they had for each other. At least Hugh knew he could talk to his wife about his feelings about the murder when he didn’t have anyone else to talk with.

This is a well written book set in this small town with characters that you grow to love and enjoy, some so humble, and some not so humble. Leaning about the 1366 culture was interesting, and I wouldn’t a lot of people today love their primitive living. I really enjoyed this author’s writing. As you read the book, you will see his own thoughts about different situations through the character Hugh. And Hugh and Kate is just a couple we all want living in our neighborhood!

I recommend this book to anyone that likes historical fiction, or really anyone that just likes a good read! Grab a copy to read and enjoy for yourself!

I received this book from Kregel Publications to participate in their blog tour. I was not required or expected to write a positive review. The opinions in this review are mine only.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unhallowed Ground.