Shan's Reviews > Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

May 11, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read on January 28, 2012, read count: 1

I have never read any James Patterson books and after reading this one I don't think I'll ever read another. There were so many things wrong with this book I don't know where to begin. This book is a love story, and I usually love a good romance, but it was so saccharine-sweet it made it unbelievable! I didn't find it at all touching, okay, maybe when the second twist was revealed, but everything before and after that was so sappy and overly sentimental that it was hard to stand. Thank goodness this was a quick read! For me, a love story has to at least give me a good cry for it to be any good and this one left me unemotional.

Most of the story is about a woman writing a diary to her newborn son. The diary contains how her and her son's father met and their undying love for each other and their newborn son. I like this idea but even the way this was written made it unbelievable! There were times where I asked myself, "Who is she writing this diary to?", "Is she really writing in this diary about how her son's father unbuttoned her blouse, slipped her blouse off, put his hands on her hips and bed her?", "Really, is that something you would tell your son?" I was confused.

I think Patterson also meant for this book to me somewhat inspirational leaving us with cheesy metaphors and quotes, like those you'll find in fortune cookies, inspirational daily calendars or mass chain emails. Like I said, completely unmoved. I was left only with its sticky, syrupy sweetness that I can't seem to remove. Yuck!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Moore He usually has awesome books...like his Alex Cross series, along came a spider, kiss the girls, etc....this book was not a true James Patterson book in my eyes!

message 2: by Alaina (new)

Alaina Sounds like I'm skipping this one... Thanks, Shan. :)

Athena Jacob My feelings exactly.