Katie Stout's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Similar Books: A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess, Love the One You're With by Emily Griffin

I've been a fan of Sophie Kinsella's novels since I read Confessions of A Shopaholic a few years ago. But the third book in the series, as well as The Undomestic Goddess weren't nearly as good and I had sort of given up on her books. So when I started I've Got Your Number, I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised, however - this is a hilarious, timely novel!

What makes this book so great is just how appropriate it is for today. With all of our technology and our obsessions with phones and email and what not, it was sort of refreshing to see a story that utilized technology instead of ragging on it or ignoring it altogether. I loved that Poppy and Sam "met" first during a phone call, and most of their interactions were via text. While I'm not sure this is the best way to start a relationship with someone, it made for some pretty hilarious scenes.

I had forgotten just how funny Sophie Kinsella's mind is. She comes up with some of the most ridiculous, hysterical moments I've ever read. One of my particular favorites involves Poppy sending a lot of emails to people that work with Sam, signing them with his name - including volunteering for a charity trip to Guatemala, accidentally flirting with a coworker, and writing nasty email to his ex-girlfriend.

Poppy in general was really funny. I loved her as an MC! She was spunky and cute, but also down-to-earth and realistic. And I really liked that she had issues with confrontation. It made her really relatable. But she still maintained that classic, quirky Kinsella voice that marks all her heroines.

The romance in this one isn't really in the forefront. I mean, it is...but it's not. Really, it's more about Poppy coming to grips with her relationship with her fiance and her own confidence. She has to deal with her insecurities about not being "smart enough" to fit into her fiance's family, and she has the added stress of having to be a part of Sam's life, via email and text. While she and Sam do have a romance, it wasn't the main point of the novel IMHO. And that's what made it a chick-lit story instead of a classic romance.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good chick-lit with a really funny twist. It's a quick read that's really fun and sure to keep you entertained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cindy This sounds like a really fun read, loved your review=amazon here I come:D

Katie Stout Cindy wrote: "This sounds like a really fun read, loved your review=amazon here I come:D"

Yes, yes! This is SO CUTE! Kinsella is one of my favorite authors. :)

Cindy I can't wait to get it! What are some of her other books you like?