Lily (WhoLockian)'s Reviews > The Highlander's Touch

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 28, 12

* Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
* Publisher: Dell (November 7, 2000)
* ISBN-10: 0440236525
* Author: Karen Marie Moning
* Cover Art: It's okay
* Over all rating:**** out of 5 stars
* Obtained: My personal book shelf

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

A Warrior Of Immortal Powers

He was a mighty Scottish warrior who lived in a world bound by ancient laws and timeless magic. But no immortal powers could prepare the laird of Castle Brodie for the lovely accursed lass who stood before him. A terrible trick of fate had sent her 700 years back in time and into his private chamber to tempt him with her beauty - and seduce him with a desire he could never fulfill. For this woman he burned to possess was also the woman he had foresworn to destroy.

A Woman Caught In The Mists Of Time

When Lisa felt the earth move under her feet, the fiercely independent 21st-century woman never dreamed she was falling...into another century. But the powerful, naked warrior who stood glaring down at her was only too real...and too dangerously arousing. Irresistibly handsome he might be, but Lisa had no intention of remaining in this savage land torn by treachery and war. How could she know that her seductive captor had other plans for her...plans that would save her from a tragic fate? Or that this man who had long ago forsaken love would defy time itself to claim her for his own... (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

This was one of the first books, by Moning that I read. I liked this book well enough, I felt this one read faster then the others. This one could be read as a stand alone, I really liked Lisa's character. She felt real and readers can more easily relate to her then some of the other heriones in Moning's books.

The relationship progressed quickly (as it normally does in a romance novel.) Some of the dialog was cheesy which for me, detracted from the book a bit. All in all, if you like romance novels or like me don't like them a whole lot, and have nothing to read, pick this up you may like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Touch.