Ellen's Reviews > All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess

2083463
Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: romance-series, historical-series
Read on August 28, 2012

I was surprised to find myself enjoying this one as much as I did, I mean a madam?

I liked that Saint had a adult opinion of Venna/(view spoiler) taking lovers after him, because he really got around after her so it's only fair. I liked that Saint actually discovers that Venna and (view spoiler) are the same person before he does something idiotic. But I don't like that he had to see her with a half-mask to make the connection.

I didn't like that Frost slept with Venna. A) what was Venna thinking? and B) Even if they weren't together at the time Saint shouldn't have to deal with that. And don't tell me that they'll get over it Frost can't shut his fat head and Saint attacks him in a rage upwards of three times. Also in Frost's book his future spouse will have to look at Catherine who is gorgeous enough to be an incredibly successful courtesan and know that Frost hit that before her. That's not fair to any of the people involved.

I would have preferred it if Frost had been just saying it to impress people.

Really the worst part is that several years ago (as of the time of the book) Venna slept with Frost.

The set up for Dusk with a Dangerous Duke is good and I look forward to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess.