Tara's Reviews > You Take It From Here

You Take It From Here by Pamela Ribon

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: favorite-books
Read from July 18 to 22, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Review to come when I can stop ugly crying.

Ok. I think I'm ready to review. Pamela Ribon has been my favorite author since day one. If she rewrote the phone book, I would read it. This book took me on such a wonderful journey that I can't even describe it. It made me wish, not for the first time, that I would have been able to say good-bye to my own mother the way Jenny was able to. It made me wish I had a BFF like Smidge even though she was tough as nails and told everyone what to do. This book made me snort with laughter and choke back tears all on the same page. The fact that Pamela was able to do that so smoothly is amazing and I bow down to her talents. I couldn't believe just how much I connected with this story. I know for a fact that if my mother would have went through this when I was a sullen 13 year old instead of in my 30's, she would have absolutely smacked me on the head with a wooden spoon and called me an asshole.
Even though this book brought my sorrow and loss back to the forefront of my mind, I would absolutely read it again and again and again. It was beautiful and sweet and funny and so absolutely wonderful that it will never be far from my mind. I wish I could give this book 100 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Take It From Here.