Athornton's Reviews > Good in Bed

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Jan 28, 12

Read in January, 2012

I read this book on the advice of my sister telling me it was a good book. Truthfully, I did not know what to expect based on the title. It turned out to be a good book. It is the story of a plus-sized newspaper reporter who goes on a break from her boyfriend. He then starts writing for a Cosmo like magazine about their love life (hence the title of the book) and her being plus-sized. She realizes how much she wants him back and starts stalking him a bit. His father dies and she goes to comfort him and winds up pregnant after their encounter. He continues to ignore her and she starts learning how to live her life single and pregnant, has all sorts of experiences including meeting a celebrity by accident and becoming really good friends her, selling her screenplay, going to Hollywood, etc. Towards the end, she has a major life event occur that changes her and her outlook on things. It definitely came as a shock. I wound up crying off and on for the last forty or so pages of the book. My husband summed up the book by telling me that I need to read adventures next! He also said that he did not think this version of the cover really went along with the book when I explained what the book was about since the girl on it does not look "plus sized"!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in Bed.