Jennifer's Reviews > The Prince Who Fell from the Sky

The Prince Who Fell from the Sky by John Claude Bemis

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: review, netgalley
Read from February 22 to 23, 2012

I'm not going to lie, I'm actually a tiny bit surprised at how much I liked this book. I happen to love books that are from animals points of views, they're just fun to read. Since this is a Middle Grade novel it's a nice, quick read, but very enjoyable!

I think what I like most about this story is that it brings together four of the most unlikely companions for a journey to take the child, that fell out of the sky, some where safe so that he won't be hunted by the wolves and killed for what he is. I'm not sure what happened to the humans, but it seems there are a lot of stories circulating throughout the animal kingdom about what happened to them. The main one being that the wolves all banded together to wipe them out, and for that reason, wolves are in charge.

My favorite character in this novel would have to be Casseomae. Even though she realized what the child was, she still recognized him as a child, therefore wanted to keep him safe. She is a very unfortunate bear, who has had multiple stillborn litters. I can't help but feel bad for her, but she still has a great maternal instinct. So she saves the child and they head off on a journey with a rat named Dumpster (a very noble rat name) to take the child somewhere safe.

This was a very futuristic Jungle Book story, based in a dystopian future, so it really had two things going for it. Talking animals and dystopian. How could I not like it? It had a lot of action and wasn't slow for me at any point. I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone, I'd think it would be enjoyable for any age group, and if you are an animal lover who loves dystopians, so much the better.

Thank you to Random House Children's Books for giving me the oppertunity to review this!

For move reviews, visit Owl Read It
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince Who Fell from the Sky.

02/23/2012 page 92