Alex 's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

Feb 29, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from January 28 to February 29, 2012

...and so I end another volume of this "marginally popular" series with the usual feelings of exhaustion, elation, confusion and sexual gratification. I no longer feel fit to pass any kind of judgement or critique on George Martin, he should pass judgement on you, and you should accept it and like it - or wind up buried in the Black cells pleading for your life.

Apparently some folks out there didn't like this one. It doesn't feature their favourite characters or it features the word "coz" a couple of times and is therefore badly written, or something. I honestly wouldn't like to be in that camp because it'd be an obvious sign of early dementia and I thank my lucky reading stars that I, personally, came to terms with the notion that not every book in the world would be as good as Storm of Swords five minutes after I'd finished it - I'd hate to be still grappling with that one. Fortunately I've read the likes of Mary Braddon, Bulwer Lytton (Edward and Rosina), Catherine Cookson and Stephanie Meyer so I'm also a little more aware of what "bad writing" reads like than a lot of ex-GRRM fans seem to.

Four volumes in, I think this series may be about dragons. I approve.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

15.0% "The fact that this one is divisive is making me read it differently, and its harder to settle back ad enjoy it. There's no staggering quality difference so far..."
32.0% "Progressing slowly, but I'm progressing."
55.0% "It's time to start talking about this in hushed tones."
78.0% "This has been a very different read from Storm of Swords, which I guess is surrising."