Cathy's Reviews > 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

F_50x66
Feb 15, 12

This book is about a guy who clinically dies in a car wreck for 90 minutes, until he miraculously comes back to life. While "dead" he experiences heaven and then proceeds to preach to everyone that will listen. I suppose if you are the spiritual Christian type, then you will find this book appealing and inspirational. I am extremely skeptical about these sorts of things and therefore can't relate well. The book was written by Don Piper with the help of an established writer. It was apparent the writer didn't have much of a say in the final product, as the author repeats himself numerous times until you want to beat yourself over the head with it. The other aspect of the book that I am not sure whether I liked or disliked, was the fact that I was under the assumption that the book was going to be almost entirely about the heavenly experience. Instead, there was ONE chapter about the experience, and about 19 other chapters talking about the pain of recovery (mostly the same thing over and over again). In all, I found the book redundant and boring, but the thought of an afterlife seems mildly interesting and the one chapter describing it is really the only redeeming quality of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 90 Minutes in Heaven.