Allie's Reviews > The Green Mile, Part 6: Coffey on the Mile

4701918
Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on January 28, 2012

This review is more of a review for all of the installments not just the 6th.
Being that this was the first book/books that I read by Stephen King, I have to say I expected quite a bit. I have to say I underestimated how insane and intense his books are. The first two parts I have to say were definitely not my favorite, I was a little bored. Now that I finished I understand why you kind of needed that background story to fully understand this complex story. With that being said , I really enjoyed the last two installments more than the others.
Usually I am not a fan of split time period books. Especially when you are frequently changing back and forth, but I have to say King pulled this difficult thing off seamlessly. It is incredibly hard for me to write a review for this book, it was so intense. One thing that really annoyed me was Percy, not going to lie, he about killed me, I wanted to smack him. I was in tears, as well as on the verge of smacking someone; due to the complete intensity of the story line and the characters that the me, the reader, have become quite attached to. The story is fairly unusual, because it not only deals with a somewhat supernatural world but also execution in the most brutal way.
In the end this serial thriller was exceptional! I enjoyed following Paul’s story/life,and meeting such extreme characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Green Mile, Part 6.