Jennifer's Reviews > Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox

Feb 07, 12

Read from January 28 to February 05, 2012

Wow! This novel is wonderfully imaginative, truly creating another world in which dreams might be real, might be the future, and seem to exist in little mappable pockets inside a conceptually unmappable piece of land with confines in this world and geography in another. The scope and awe inspiring imagination driving this book (and, I'm assuming, its sequel) remind me of the Northern Lights trilogy, and those are some of the most incredible books ever written for Young Adults (IMHO).
A mindblowingly original story written by an NZ author - this is well worth recommending to all readers. Its a pretty complex and mature read, though apart from a dreadful nightmare about being buried alive, the content is approachable by any secondary reader, but I think it will mostly appeal to the 15 and older group.
There's a wonderful character development between the two main female protagonists, and these are by far the most plumbed characters - its generally very plot driven, and our belief must be suspended and is stretched at times by the twists and turns of the plot, but the rewards are worth it for the ride offered to the imagination.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamhunter.