Franjessca 's Reviews > Perfectly Hopeless

May 09, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012, favorite-books, tear-jerker
Read from May 02 to 07, 2012

Review also on Book Lovin' Mamas

I had a chance to read "Ink" by Holly Hood back last year and ever since I've adored Holly's writing style.
I've had "Perfectly Hopeless" waiting in my Kindle since the day it was published, but had to keep pushing it aside to read other books that were requested at the time for me to read. Well...I decided to put some books on hold so I can finally sit down and enjoy "Perfectly Hopeless".
Let's just say, my hubby's shirt whenever he was sitting near me was drenched in tears and snot. My poor daughters would look at me all crazy when they saw me in tears. (even my 6 month old who just stared at me until I stopped). I know the snot sounds gross, but this book was a sad one. I was expecting it to be sad though. I knew the minute I was introduced to Henri, I knew something was terribly wrong. Oh boy! Prepare for a tear-jerker, if you haven't read this book yet. If you have, you know what I mean.
Again, Holly had me loving the characters and hating certain characters. Poor Maven went through a bad break-up from her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her. When she always comes across him and his now girlfriend, he's always messing with her. She meets Henri though and he changes her world. Maven even changes Henri's world because he never expected to fall in love even when he's dealing with something that will change his life forever and everyone around him.
I had to take a few days after I read the book to type up this review. It effected me that much. I still think my family doesn't know why I was crying.
This book is absolutely amazing though. Even though it is sad, it teaches you that love is out there after heartbreak. It teaches you also how one person can change your world for the better. It also teaches you how short life can be sometimes and to not take it for granted.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves a young adult romance, and loves reading tear-jerkers.
Just remember if you do read this, have tissues on hand. If you have family or friends that live with you, warn them ahead of time that you will be crying, so they don't think something is wrong with you.
Holly, you definitely have a fan for life. =) I look forward to reading more books from you very soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfectly Hopeless.