Katie's Reviews > Three to Get Deadly

Jul 30, 08

Recommended to Katie by: Mom
Recommended for: Plum Fans
Read in July, 2008

Book three was my favorite thus far. I rated this book four stars, because I just couldn't put it down. I really enjoy Janet Evanovich's writing style because something is ALWAYS happening in her novels.
Ugh, sorry to be a "negative-Nancy", but am I the only the that doesn't laugh-out-loud at these books? Lula gets on my nerves (even though she's a sweetheart,) and Stephanie has the "oops! hehe" sense of humor that just always seems to be getting her in trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love reading these books and enjoy the men characters especially, but I think one of the other members of goodreads.com said it best when she claimed she needed a break between each of these books because they are such and easy, quick read. For me, they aren't books that I think about much after I am finished with them, just ones that I enjoy during the reading process :)
17 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three to Get Deadly.

Megan I don't laugh out loud either. Some of the lines are funny and worthy of a chuckle but that rarely happens for me.

message 2: by Allison (new) - added it

Allison Hiltz These are the books I read between more serious non-fiction. They are entertaining and quick, which is just what I wanted! But I don't laugh out loud much, either.

Jessie lula gets on my nerves too.

Brittany I laughed out loud at 2 For the Money. All the Grandma Mazur scenes just killed me. The books are exactly what I expected them to be- easy, fun reads. Nothing earth shattering or too impressive but something to give my mind a break, which I need atm!

Mindi Lyon I don't laugh out loud either, and I also read one in between other books. I'm a big post apocalyptic book reader so it's nice to have a quick, light read between them.

Stephanie Barone I laugh out loud. I had read sizzling 15 and number 11 I think. before I got the hole series. the later ones are hilarious

Teena Reid I agree, it's just a fun read. I see them as a rainy day read. I want to read them all though, but if I like one book in a series I always read them all. Great review! I wouldn't mind getting some reviewing pointers from you! I have a book reviews blog. If you would like to check it out to give me your constructive criticism, I'd be appreciative. The link is on my profile. Thanks, and once again, great review!