Felicia's Reviews > Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire

196094
Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2010-read, physical-owned, signed-copy
Read in January, 2010

What I Loved: I laughed, I cried, and I started wondering if all the hot Gaelic speaking men lived in some little town in Oklahoma. I really loved Lorcan and Eva, they were my kind of couple. They both had self-esteem issues, responsibilities, and were strong yet vulnerable on their own. Other than being vampires, they were both very real characters.

What I Liked: I love that Michele has created this world where she can push the boundaries. It seems like a very real town and all these parents are dealing with very real issues: how to do right by their kids, how to set up a working schedule, and how to blend their new lives in to have the least impact on those they love. The fact that they are vampire parents now have just added to those single parent responsibilities. It is very fun to read.

Any complaints? I actually have one but it is more about the teaser that was in the last book. You kind of find out that it was misleading and really not even in the book at all. I am a teaser fan so that irked me a little.

Why I gave it a 4: Lorcan is almost my perfect kind of anti-hero: he is well read, smart, kind, giving, protective, and if he was just a shifter/were instead of a vampire he would be perfect :) I really enjoyed this book from beginning to end! It did what I was hoping-transported me out of this world and to Broken Heart Oklahoma where I could escape for a few hours. Also I loved the fairytale that was woven through the story.

Who I would recommend it too: PNR lovers who like fun lighter reads and chick-lit readers who can handle a little paranormal.

Received From: Bought from Borders
Authors Website: http://www.michelebardsley.com/
Books in Series:
I'm The Vampire That's Why (Book 1)
Don't Talk Back to Your Vampire (Book 2)
Because Your Vampire Said So (Book 3)
Wait till Your Vampire Gets Home (Book 4)
Over My Dead Body (Book 5)
Come Hell or High Water (Book 6)
Cross Your Heart (Book 7-Coming Sept 7)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire.