Kristi's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Oct 26, 08

bookshelves: books-i-own, own-arc, signed-arcs
Read in April, 2008

I don’t even know where to start! I guess first off, I should say that I’ve been looking forward to reading this book since I first heard about it, I’m a huge fan of Greek Mythology. So, to say that I was expecting a lot going into it, doesn’t quite cover it. I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I always look at the thickness I have left of a book to read once I start a good reading spell, and I either think two things; 1.) okay I only have this much more to go. Or 2.) oh no! This is all that’s left! This book definitely falls under the later. I loved Childs writing style, and her interruption of the Greek gods. What is so good about this book is the reality mixed with the myth. I mean, we have a honest portrayal of a girl struggling to make sense of the world, and it works even a mythical one. The characters are distinctive, and each portrayal of their god or goddess remains in tact within the distinctiveness. What else can I say, I absolutely loved it. I loved the story, Phoebe, her struggles and triumphs, and of course the catalyst to any good romance, the boys. What else could you want?
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

message 1: by Diana (new) - added it

Diana I check. How much I have left to read always.becuz I dunt want the book to end lol

Be22Nox I agree with the thickness test. :) If I don't like it I do check and say, well only 30 more pages to go! Now 20! I can do this! lol! But if I do like it, I do go Oh no!! I'm almost finished!! Why can't there be more?! lol! I'm so glad someone understands me when it comes to books. :)

message 3: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally I don't know if you've ever heard of those series, but The Goddess Test, by Aimée Carter is really good :) it's a trilogy, and though I haven't read this book (I would like to, though) from the summary it sounds a lot like this book. :)

Kaylee Kling this is a good book I like it a lot

Kaylee Kling Have you ever had to move like phoe

message 6: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy As Ally said, the Goddess Test is a beautiful amazing read.