Felicia's Reviews > Kiss of the Rose

bookshelves: 2010-read
Read in January, 2010

Publisher: Signet
Purchased: Review copy from Publisher

What I Loved: I thought the premise of the book was both unique and promising. It was a very brave choice by the author.

What I Liked: I liked the rich detail that was used to bring the court life alive. It was well done and you could feel like you were part of that world.

Complaints: There are so many things about this book that just did not click with me. I don't mind obstacles with my "main couple" but Rosalind and Christopher had too many things in their way. In fact, I never felt like they should get together. I also didn't think she belonged with Rhys, so it wasn't even a triangle thing for me. I also didn't really enjoy the druids vs vampires, druids vs human vampire protectors, the human vampire protectors issues with druids--it was all just too much.

Why I gave it a 2: I really wanted to like this book more than I did. Kate Pearce is a wonderful writer but this particular story just did not click with me. I do think it would appeal to others though so please read other reviews before making your final decision. (Read Susi the Geeky Bookworm's Review--she really enjoyed the book)

Who I would recommend it too: If you are a PNR or even Historical Romance reader you may find this book as one you want to read. The Book does have both genres included.

Author's website: http://www.katepearce.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Rose.

08/19/2010 page 75