TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > When Blood Calls

bookshelves: 2010-read
Read in January, 2010

Publisher: Bantam
Purchased: Won from Library Thing

What I Loved: JK Beck did a fantastic job of weaving the thriller and paranormal romance genres together for this book. I found the case, with the weaves and turns to be engaging. The romance between Luke and Sara was sizzling. The supporting characters were really well flushed out and enhanced the story immensely. There are a few I would like to know more about. Overall, this book really delivered on all fronts.

What I Liked: I really enjoyed the angle of a justice system for paranormals. JK really laid out the system for you and introduced you to many different types of creatures. It was nice way to show that everyone has the potential of good/bad so don't always just look at the outside.

Complaints: I really had none!

Why I gave it a 4: I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did but I will be reading the follow-ups. This world she created is rich and has many layers. I can tell there will be many stories to tell. I just hope she keeps writing them :) (I know so far there are 3 in the series)

Who I would recommend it too: Those who read PNR and maybe even those who read thrillers (though there is more sex in this book than a standard thriller)

Author's website: http://jkbeck.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Blood Calls.

09/02/2010 page 71