An Odd1's Reviews > Behind That Door

Behind That Door by George Goodchild

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: fan, mystery
Read from January 28 to February 24, 2012

"Behind That Door" lies a body, the solution to mysterious death of beloved mother, still haunting her son Gerald Lavering, who returns after his estranged father dies. After seven years in Canada, he wants to dump Hartford Manor, but make one last visit to Cornwall seaside cottage Nancrannon. On holiday with pudgy bank clerk George Lashing, and his pal's lively pretty sister Tessa, their rebellious teen servant is strangled. Double suspense, dash light romance.
No wonder prolific Goodchild, over 200 works, over 50 years, novels, mysteries, westerns, plays, films, non-fiction, editing, was so successful. His Tintagel castle evokes Merlin magic, sunsets, quotes Tennyson amid 1930s slang "reckon", visuals I yearn for; wounded soul and girl who can heal him, I cheer for. I want more Goodchild.
I tried to make a Wiki entry but require facts available in books with publishers, dates, ISBNs, cannot just use internet blog compilation. Can anyone help?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind That Door.

01/28/2012 page 196
45.0% "No wonder Goodchild had a 55 year career with more output than Doyle. He had a knack for creating realistic people in an unusual place. I want to join their investigation."
01/29/2012
100.0% "Back in 1930s, films from Goodchild books successful. His Tintagel castle evokes Merlin magic, sunsets, quotes Tennyson amid contemporary slang "reckon", visuals I yearn for, wounded soul and girl who can heal him - I cheer for. I want more Goodchild. I can't even make a Wiki entry cuz facts available to me on net; anyone have book references for me?"