D.lee's Reviews > A Night to Remember

A Night to Remember by Eve Vaughn

Jan 28, 12

I love this story so much I sat down and read it in less than a day. This is definitely a story I will read again and again.

Charlie Brown loses her husband on their one year anniversary and she is devastated. On what would have been their second anniversary, she decides she doesn't want to spend it with family and friends feeling sorry for her. Charlie ends up drowning her sorrows in a bar.

Jake sees Charlie and is instantly drawn to her. He picks up her bar tab, but when she doesn't come to his table to thank him, he figures it wasn't meant to be. In no condition to drive home, Charlie attempts to rent a room at the hotel next door to the bar. There are no vacancies in the area, due to a convention in town. Resigned to spending the night in her car,she bumps into to Jake as she is leaving. He offers to share his room with double beds with her. After some deliberation, Charlie agrees. Jake is awaken in the middle of the night and discovers Charlie crying. He give her his shoulder to lean on and one thing leads to another. Jake believes he has met the woman he has been looking for and decides to change his plans so he can get to know her better. Charlie realizes what she's done and is mortified. She leaves Jake's room without saying goodbye.

Surprisingly Charlie becomes an employee at Jake's company. Jake feels this is the opportunity he needs to explore the feeling he has spent three years trying to forget. The sparks begin to fly, but Charlie is reluctant to give him her heart, for fear of losing him. She has also been keeping a secret from their encounter three years ago.

Jake suddenly discovers that Charlie had his daughter two and a half years ago. He is shocked and hurt that she could keep such an important secret from him. He explodes, but soon realizes that it doesn't matter because he loves her and wants them to be a family. He tells her how he feels and she rejects him. A near death experiences makes Charlie realize that she has loved Jake all along, but it might be too late. It will take a spiritual intervention for things to work out between them.

This book was so good it made me laugh and cry at the same time, which is my favorite emotion when I read a book. I definitely recommend it. It's so good you won't be able to put it down until the end and you will still be left wanting more. I may be gushing but I loved this book and its characters!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Night to Remember.