Felicia's Reviews > Nobody's Baby But Mine

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2010-read, kindlepurchase2010
Read in January, 2010

Published in 1997

What I Loved: Jane is a brilliant and independent lead character who is rocking the book smarts but is so clueless about other things. I love her journey to love, acceptance, and family. Great Grandma Annie is the best character in the book and she is stubborn as all get-out. Plus she loves her some Harry Connick Jr so you know this shotgun toting grandma is smart. She really did understand and see everything going on. She was also brilliant in letting everyone figure it out in their own time without letting things go on to long.

What I Liked: Cal was a great lead for Jane. She needed someone stubborn enough to finally see through to her core even if he didn't realize what he was doing. Also Kevin, I loved that boy and how it became clear that he and Cal could be friends! The guys definitely had a strong line in this story and it was great to read. The whole family aspect of this book was great and very important to the story.

Complaints: I wanted a little more time of them together after realizing they loved each other (that isn't a spoiler--it is a romance with a happy ending). I always want a little more time with the happy couple :)

Why I gave it a 4: The book made me grin, giggle, and get a little teary-eyed. In other words, it delivered the way romances should.

Who would I recommend it too: Romance readers who like a little old school romance writing.

Author Website: http://www.susanephillips.com/
Books in this series (not sure about the order):
IT HAD TO BE YOU
HEAVEN, TEXAS
NOBODY'S BABY BUT MINE
NATURAL BORN CHARMER
MATCH ME IF YOU CAN
THIS HEART OF MINE
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Baby But Mine.