Diane's Reviews > Night Road

Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Jan 28, 12

Read in January, 2012

I have read others of Kristin Hannah's books, but this one was somewhat different then her others. I found it well written and the characters have a way of pulling at your heartstrings in this story.

This is a story of three young people that have formed a bond between them. One has come from a broken home and heroin mother that did not care about her. She has been in and out of foster homes till a great-Aunt takes her in and gives her a home. The other two are twin sister and brother. One is populer and the other is an out cast at school. They come from a well off family and a loving and over protected mother. As mothers we want to protect our child, but sometimes we become too over protative and this can do harm. The story was very touching and you will need tissue for at times I found it to break my heart and make me cry.

This story tell of the friendship that is formed by the three. The story is sort of a thriller with some suspense. It will grap you and keep you wanting more. It tells of of a touching friendship, family bonds, grief and forgiveness. We find the story is told from differnent view points. A friendship that is strained by secrets and a tragic accident.

Kristin Hannah has given us a story that will touch all of us. I would recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Road.