Felicia's Reviews > Murder under Cover

Overall Rating 3.75
Story Rating 3.75
Character Rating 3.75
Mystery Rating 4.00

Note: I haven't read any of the other books in this series. The reason I point that out is because I think this book would have gotten a 4 if I was already used to some of the characters personalities. That being said, this book really does stand on its own and is a great little cozy mystery!

What I Loved: Brooklyn was a fantastic leading lady for a cozy mystery. She was smart, fun, and has a knack for stumbling into trouble. Derek, her boyfriend, is smart, internationally sexy, and incredibly understanding. They work very well together! One of my favorite scenes in Murder Under Cover was when they played the "killer game". Derek really knew how to make Brooklyn look at all the sides of the coin. I also really loved Detective Lin. She probably get a little annoyed non-cops get involved in her cases but she handles everything so well that you can't help but love her.

What I Liked: The case itself was pretty interesting. I liked that Brooklyn was trying to figure out how Robin, her best friend, was involved and more importantly how to get her safe. The tenacity that Brooklyn showed was fun to read and Kate Carlisle really knew how to make the story interesting.

Complaints: I felt the ending was a little rushed like you get to the last 15 min of an episode and realize you have to wrap everything up quickly. That being said the ending was satisfying and the last few pages were very fun!

Why I gave it a 3.75: Murder Under Cover had all the elements that I like in a cozy mystery: good leads, fun/interesting case, and great interactions with characters.

Who I would recommend it too: Cozy Mystery readers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder under Cover.