Felicia's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

196094
New Thoughts after Re-Listen
Listened for Fun (Audible)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.50 (Not part of the overall rating)

Updated Thoughts: This was even better the second time around. Plus I am so much more into the audio than I was the first time I listened to it. :)

Bought on Audible
Overall Rating: 3.75 (2011)/4.25 (2014)
Story Rating: 3.5 (2011)/ 4.00 (2014)
Character Rating: 4.0 (2011)/ 4.50 (2014

Audio Rating: 3.5 (2011)/ 4.00 (2014)

Original Review May 1, 2011

NOTE: The Jane Jameson series became my choice for a series read after finishing the Werewolf Series by Molly Harper. I really like Molly Harper's wit and storytelling abilities. This series is shaping up to be just as fun!

What I Loved: Molly Harper has done it again (or before but we are talking my reading order) with Jane Jameson. Jane is funny, smart, witty, sarcastic, and just downright brilliant no matter what situation she is thrown into. In this story, Jane is changed into a vampire after accidentally being mistaken as a deer by a drunk hunter. Her sire, the ever so hot, Gabriel just makes her transition into vampire all that more interesting as they try and navigate the murky waters that are dating. If you throw in someone trying to scare her, debating on how/if to tell her parents, living with her dead aunt (who she can now see), and dealing with losing her job, you can see how Jane has a lot on her plate to deal with. The story is just downright fun!

What I Liked: Can I just say that the teenage council member that is a bajillion years old is one of my favorite characters? She manages to look bored, play mean, and be fair all at one time. The way that Molly writes characters makes each one of them stand out even if they are only in the book sporadically. My other favorite character is Dick Cheney---no, not that Dick Cheney---as he said, "I was Dick Cheney before he was and I will be Dick Cheney after he is gone."

Complaints: At times there was a little to much going on but luckily it was pretty easy to keep it all straight.

Audio Review: Narrated by Amanda Ronconi who again does an excellent job with the women's voices but the men all sound to feminine. I knew this though and still choose to listen to it on audio because I really like how Amanda pulls off all the one-liners that Molly writes!

Why I gave it a 3.75: This was just a downright fun read that will make you smile. Who doesn't like a book that makes you smile?

Who I would recommend this too: PNR readers who don't expect an HEA but an HE-maybe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.

05/02 "#listening to on audiobook as part of my series read for May!"
08/20 marked as: currently-reading
08/20
35.0% "#Listening Dick Cheney! I am loving this even more the 2nd time around :)"
08/21 marked as: read
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melanie I want to start this series over again on audio. I didn't really like it the first time, but I think I will like it this time. I've listened to some of her other work that I loved. I read the first time and Ronconi will make the difference, I think.

Felicia Melanie wrote: "I want to start this series over again on audio. I didn't really like it the first time, but I think I will like it this time. I've listened to some of her other work that I loved. I read the fi..."

I have liked this much more on reread/listen. You should give it another whirl. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Though I claim Dick Cheney :) LOL