Rosa's Reviews > The Princess and the Bear

1913711
Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, fairy-tales, offtheshelf2012, young-adult
Read from January 24 to 27, 2012

The Princess is a Hound that switched bodies with a princess. The Bear is king who was turned into a bear by the wild man. The two unlikely companions must travel back in time to the time right after Richon became a bear and try to head the unmagic off in the past. Richon muyst also deal with his shame regarding his previous behavior and lack of knowledge.

So this is actually the second book in a series, but if you don't read the first one I think it is very possible to read and enjoy this book. You are given enough information to understand what is going on and the plot is not connected to the the one from the first book. The story alternates between Chala and Richon and it's definitely very interesting to see how Chala thinks and how she slowly adjusts to having her own human form. I thought it was really interesting how Richon returning to his human form unsettled him and almost had him reverting to the behaviors that got him turned into a bear in the first place. It was an interesting read and I loved watching their relationship develop.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Bear.