Felicia's Reviews > Venom

Bought on Audible
Actual Rating 4.25
Audio Rating 4.00
Review Posted on

What I Loved: Owen! It is nice to see a strong male, confident not to cocky, accepting lead. Jennifer knows how to write men that you can love (I will forgive her for Donovan) because Finn is also a great male lead! Though to be honest it is Gin, Sophie, and Jo-Jo that really make me love this series! The females are strong, smart, and extremely talented. They do what needs to be done and don't make excuses why they do it. The storyline in this one continued on the arc but I love how she wraps up a little a bit in each book. You can feel satisfied without having a complete resolution to all the issues.

What I Liked: I really like the good ole fashion *ss kicking that goes on in this book. It is almost like a western in the aspect that there is always one really good showdown between our tarnished leading lady and the bad guy that she is going after. I also liked getting to know Brie a little bit better and you can see some sisterly resemblance in their actions. Their way of going about things is different but the sisters have a similar sense of "for the good" running through their veins!

Complaints: A little repetitiveness, especially if you have recently read the other books in the series.

Audio Specific Review: The story was narrated by Lauren Fortgang and she does an excellent job.

Why I gave it a 4.25: Each book in this series is better than the last! I am excited to read where she goes from here :)

Who I would recommend this too: Urban Fantasy Fans

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom.

04/19/2011 "#listening to on Audiobook"
04/20/2011
50.0% "Gin+Owen (Scenes) = fun"
04/21/2011
99.0% "Finished! WOOT I Liked it solid 4.0 book"