Felicia's Reviews > The Vampire Dimitri

196094
Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2011-read
Read in April, 2011

Received from NetGalley (Requested by Me)
Actual Rating 3.75

What I Loved: This book was well-paced, packed full of story, and kept me engaged from the beginning to the end. Dimitri and Maia had a great love story that I think fit their two personalities well. They were both strong, independent, and willful people who needed each other but were loath to admit it. The action in this book was uptempo from The Vampire Voss and it felt very go-go-go from the beginning. It was also great to see the overlapping of the story, it was like getting all POV's of the same event without seeming redundant.

What I Liked: Actually I liked all the characters popping up in this book and giving you a chance to get to know them better. It keeps the series moving forward and mostly has me wanting to know more. Though sometimes it felt more like the launching pad for Chas/Narcisse than Dimitri/Maia story. The Vampire Voss did the same thing so I think it is just the storytelling device the author chooses to use. It works but I will warn that I think you need to read these books in order.

Complaints: The last one was big on historical events (which I loved) but felt missing from this book. The only things that really even gave it that great historical feel from the first book were the scenes from the first book retold from Dimitri/Maia POV in this book.

Why I Gave it a 3.75: This was a very strong story that kept me engaged from the beginning to the end. I wanted more of that strong Historical feel from the first book but the story was stronger in this book!

Who I would recommend this too: PNR Readers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Dimitri.

04/09/2011