Emery Lee's Reviews > A Bed of Spices

A Bed of Spices by Barbara Samuel

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012-challenge
Read from January 28 to April 17, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bed of Spices.

04/15/2012
5.0% "FINALLY started this book for the RHFL reading challenge! I've been so busy writing that I've not read much at all lately. Hope to finish this by the end of the week though." 2 comments
04/16/2012
50.0% "Hi Kagama! I'm half finished. It's pretty good and definitely unusual (which I like) as the hero is a Jew studying to be a doctor and the setting is during the black plague." 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Larisa Do you think this one will make the group bookshelf? I own a copy and it is languishing with 299 friends in the TBR pile. So many books, so short a life...

Victoria Vane Hi Larisa! It is already on the shelf. I think I'm going to read it for our challenge.

Larisa Me too.

Larisa Emery your recommendations are dangerous! Every time I peek in a book you praise in a review I get sucked in until I've finished it.

Emery Lee Larisa wrote: "Emery your recommendations are dangerous! Every time I peek in a book you praise in a review I get sucked in until I've finished it."

Have you enjoyed them all then?

Larisa Not yet. My TBR pile is growing by leaps and bounds for the group...wrist is still too painful for holding paperbacks. Bless my nook and android Kindle app! or I'd be stark raving mad for lack of reading. My library declined to buy any of Lucinda Brant's books or ebooks and none of the other Colorado libraries have them. Very disappointing as Autumn Duchess looks particularly pertinent for me since my fiance was killed six weeks before our wedding in late 09. The Regency & Georgian eras have been my sanctuary (that and Patricia Briggs urban fantasy) now I'm hoping I can learn to what is possible as a 'widow' from an amazing love.

Am not sure which books I'll read for ancient eras and Tudor period, none on the group shelf are calling to me.

Emery Lee I think Jennifer Blake has some Tudor era titles. You might want to check those out. I was planning to.

Larisa Thank you! Library has the first in the Three Graces as a nook book - perfect! Now if I could just change their mind about Lucinda Brant.

message 9: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth I liked this one, I read it about a year ago. It was definitely different that most of the historical romances I read.