Emily's Reviews > Deadly Little Secret

bookshelves: paranormal, mystery
Read on January 28, 2012

more reviews at: thegoddessofbooks.blogspot.com

2 1/2 stars

What is it with books in which the main character goes after the boy everyone warns her to stay away from? If someone told me that a guy had a violent streak and probably killed his girlfriend, I'd keep my distance, no matter how hot he is. And of course, Ben likes/loves Camelia but refuses to talk to her because he doesn't want to hurt her. Cue eye roll. Camelia's creepy boss, Spencer, starts hitting on her, and they mention it once, but then ignore it. You can't just turn a character creepy and then pretend like it never happened; either tell us how she told her parents and Spencer got what he deserved, or keep him normal. Oh, and the little journal entries? I totally thought those were from Ben, but then they got really anger and scary, so I was all "Well it's not Ben, so who could it possibly be?" (SPOILER ALERT) It was Matt, Camelia's clingy ex-boyfriend. Who would have thought? Not me, that's for certain. That surprising twist ending was what earned this book an extra half star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Secret.

Quotes Emily Liked

Laurie Faria Stolarz
“In other words, my pot doesn't work?"
"It doesn't have a pulse," he says.
"I have a pulse." Kimmie offers her wrist. "Wanna check?”
Laurie Faria Stolarz, Deadly Little Secret