Kristi's Reviews > The Summoning

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

May 04, 09

bookshelves: books-i-own, signed-books
Read in May, 2009

I think I’m one of the last people to read this! I’ve heard nothing but how good this novel is, and that I must read it ASAP. When I received a copy of The Awakening, the next novel, I knew that I needed to read The Summoning, right away. (I’m almost glad I waited to read it, so I could start The Awakening right away! What an ending!)

This book is everything I was hoping for and more! I’ve never read Armstrong before, I really want to read her adult fantasy series, but I just haven’t had a chance and when I heard she was doing a YA series, I just knew that I HAD to read it.

This was a very good first in a series. The characters and the plot-line were introduced impressively, I didn’t ever feel like the story was inadequate through getting to know the characters. I love the whole story line of teens thrown in the house that have these extraordinary powers that most aren’t even aware of.

The writing was marvelous, the dialogue spirited...no pun intended! The characters were also fascinating. Chloe and Derek were by far my favorite. And I’m hoping to see more of these two in future... especially Derek!

This novel has a little bit of everything, action, adventure, fantasy, suspense. It was my type of book! A very surprising cliffhanger ending! (Glad I’ve got the next one right here....)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summoning.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela No, you're not the last one to read it ... I think I am! :) There's still a 3rd book in the series, right? I was waiting for all the books to be out so I could read them all back to back.

Maya Ganesan You are so not the last one! I need to read it :P

Taylor you're not the last one. i'm reading it right now! :)

message 4: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie in-love-w/-books and i´m just about to... hope it´s as good as everyone says!

message 5: by Katlyn (new)

Katlyn So glad you read it!! One of the best series i have read! If you haven't already, there are 3 other books included in the Darkest Powers Series.. They are about a 16 year old girl names Maya. Now I was a little worried about reading them from another character, but the original characters (Chloe, Derek, Simon, Tori and Liz) are all included in the last book! Amazing!

message 6: by Abby (new)

Abby I'm in the middle it.