Kali's Reviews > 11/22/63

11/22/63 by Stephen King

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: adult, time-travel, kindle-copy, fantasy, science-fiction, favourite-adult, best-best-best-best-best
Read from February 21 to 28, 2012

I love this book. I just bought this book on a whim, I hadn't read or heard too much about it. I'm super glad I got it. I normally just read YA, but Stephen King holds the #1 spot with his Dark Tower series, and I'm fairly sure this book is right up under those books. I don't know why I kept getting a bit creeped out at certain parts of the book, as it is not creepy at all. In fact, there's a super touching love story in it. And the love story is done beautifully. It might be one of my favourites.

It took me a bit to read this book, at 850 pages it isn't the longest book, but it's quite a bit of book. However, I never felt like it was going too slow. In fact, I thought it was a very nicely paced novel. I never once was like 'okay come on let's get to the good stuff!' because ALL of it was good stuff for me.

The ending! Everyone should read this book, just because the ending is frickin' awesome. Normally I do not like endings, normally I think 'that could have ended better', but this ending was great. I reread the last few chapters quite a few times just because the feelings it evoked for me. I was right there with Jake, struggling to come to terms with everything happening.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11/22/63.