Jessi's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Apr 06, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, mythology-gods, ya, favorites
Read from April 05 to 06, 2012

Olympians, Titans, and a new Queen of the Underworld.

Aimee Carter has done it again! I found myself unable to put this book down until I had gotten to the very last page. And now I find myself slipping into a mild depression knowing I can't get my hands on the third book yet.

We've all heard the story of Persephone and Hades. Just imagine trying to fill her shoes and win the affection of the ruler of the Underworld. That is exactly what Kate must do - she is married to Hades, or Henry as he now calls himself.

In this second book in the Goddess series, we see Kate thrust into the Underworld. As if that isn't enough, she gets to spend some quality time with her new husband's former Queen. The woman he loved for an eternity. The woman he still loves.

While Kate appears to be naive and childish, she is also undeniably strong and incredibly stubborn. You can't help but empathise with her character and root for her to overcome the challenges she faces. Kate is a well-formed character and her constant war of emotions will tug at your heart.

Henry. Oh, Henry. I can't say I've fallen in love with his character quite yet, but I'm getting much closer after this book. His lack of affection and mysterious ways irk me but just like Kate, it keeps me begging for more.

All of the other gods and secondary characters are well-formed. The war between Cronus, the Titan, and the Olympians adds just enough action to keep the book from containing too of being stuck in Kate's head. This book has a very well thought out plot.

Not to mention, the bombshell at the end will undoubtedly make any reader need to continue on with this series.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

04/06/2012 page 75
25.0% "Dare I say it? This might be my new favorite series!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gina (My Precious Blog) Um wait a moment, did I just read "bombshell ending"? You've gotta be joking right. I'm almost done and I want it to wrap up not leave me hanging there. Am I going to be disappointed?