Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana's Reviews > MacRieve

MacRieve by Kresley Cole

Jul 03, 13

Recommended for: EVERYONE. read it or die basically
Read from July 02 to 03, 2013 — I own a copy

MacRieve IAD #13: 5 STARS OF OH MY GOD

Lets start this review off with a celebratory twerk for this great novel.

I would like to just say that this book is amazing. freaking obviously Read it, love it, review it...whatever. NOW, STOP READING HERE if you can't take a spoiler because I'm about to spoil your worllllllld. I know what you're thinking, just use the spoiler html formatting thingy...well no. I hate how that looks. KAY NOW FOR THE FUN PART.

OH. MY. LORD.

This book was everything the doctor ordered. Unfortunately for me, KC has been giving me a huge heaping of disappointment lately. I tried to get in to her Arcana Chronicles series with her debut YA novel , Poison Princess. However, I ended up DNFing it which was the biggest shocker ever. As everyone knows, I'm a complete KC fangirl freakazoid. That being said, DNFing a novel by KC was akin to being stabbed in the heart. Then, the second blow was her Shadow's Claim novel which i actually had lukewarm feelings toward. That being said, I approached this Macrieve book with a modicum of apprehension. However, it was a just a fabulous as her other 12 IAD novels and kept me on my toes.

I've always adored how she writes Lykae. They brood the best, sound the best, seemingly look the best, screw the best, and well...are just generally the best in my opinion. There is nothing like a KC valkyrie or Lykae. SHE WROTE THE HELL OUT OF THIS NOVEL. MacRieve, or Will, was a man after my own heart. I hated him at times and loved him at times. Which , I think is the mark of good writing. Similarly, I really liked Chloe. I didn't think I would like her. She's butcher than most romance heroines. Also, naturally, like most people who read romance novels I tend to be overly critical of my heroines. A trait i really must overcome. However, I ended up adoring chloe. She had spunk and intellgience. Similarly, she knew when to forgive, when to rage, and when to love. Her timing was impeccable and her feelings were understood. The fact that she ended up being a succubus was crazzzzzzzy. I'll admit that I didn't see that coming. However, I totally should have. It was nice being introduced to a new species. The fact that chloe ended up being Webb's daughter was HELLA PRICELESS. all i have to say is KC kc, is you okay because that was so crazy!

Anywho, MacRieve pulled it together and Chloe and his reunion was freaking lovely and lit up. As far as steam goes, I must sadly admit that it was no where near the steam that we experienced as readers during Lothaire. Love it or hate that book, the sex in lothaire was so freaking raunchy and creative it had a girl turning up the AC! . However, the sex was still pretty damn good.

Now, lets talk about that FREAKING CLIFF HANGER! I can't believe it ended off like that. HOLY MOLY. Firstly, I kinda slept on the fact that Munroe was even going to get a book. You see, similar to many of you all, I'm chopping at the bits to get to Nix's book. The two books I craved more than anything were Lothaire (CHECK) and now Nix. I excitedly await all books, and I must admit my curiosity for Lanthe and her man almost know no bounds, however, NIX's book keeps me at night. Ok, not really, but It might tonight! So, now I know that more than likely, we will have to wait for, Furie and Kristoff, Lanthe and her Vrekner, and Munroe and his rather illfated human/werewolf basketcase.... THATS THREE BOOKS. At her pace of one book a year that means that we could possibly not know about nix until the year 2016-2017. I might perish.

Now for the crazy spoiler predictions that if you don't want to kind of figure out my thoughts on Nix's mate then you should stop reading now. I beg you, don't let me be the ruiner of your series, even If there is a chance that I'm wrong!

Oh kay dooookie. I beleve, in my heart of hearts, that Nix and Webb are mates. I'm not usually wrong about televison and literature predictions. Also, I had been mulling over this for a while. It makes complete and total sense. Firstly, nix is the beloved character. Moret than likely, the series will end ( i know just saying that this series could end makes me want to chain KC to a microsoft word document as my paranormal romance writer slave....okay that might have been overboard) on Nix's book. That being said, it would make sense that her book needs to go out with a fudging bang. Secondly, Nix is the biggest power player in the game. It seems fitting that she mate with Webb another HUGE POWERPLAYER. It would be hella ironic that the woman who helps all would go for the man who hurts all. Then, this book unveiled the shocker of the year, which not to be cocky I kind of suspected, that webb is FUCKING IMMORTAL. He is by far the most unstable and strong lorean anomaly ever IMHO. I mean he has about 4-5 different species in him. He's got lothaire, a fey, malkolm, and Ullieam in him. I mean DAMN. He is fucking lorean mixed drink. Also, he is freaking crazzzzzy. He sounds like the hitler of the lore. Not to mention nix said that he couldn't be harmed. And he mentioned being crossed by an ally. The only major ally who crosses anyone is nix. WHEW, glad I got all that out.

I'm dying to know everything about this series. There are so many matings and theories bumping through my head as You can see by my jumbled review. I aplogize for the spoilers if you didn't heed my warning. I also apologize for the grammar. I'm too excited after just finishing this book and I'm also tired. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up and find out that this review is just one big ol' run on sentence. In conclusion, I loved this book and totally recommend it!

update: 6-29-2013 ITS ALMOSTTTTTTT HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BE EXCITED FANS

UPDATE: 6-1-2013 THIS HAS SPOILERS REGARDING THE EXCERPT

Okay, so KC has released the excerpt from chapter three i believe. Also, she released a huge excerpt of a full chapter 7, HOWEVER, one must buy a copy (kindle version) of The warlord Wants (i cant remember the full name) which is .99 cents on Amazon. I opted out of that beceause I'm a cheapskate. Anywho, IT WAS A DAMN GOOD EXCERPT. I had noooo freaking idea that Ullieam's excistance was shrouded in such sadness. It Hurt my heart It did. We'll see if I like the heroine. I have no idea if I do or not because the excerpt focused little on her. All we know is that she plays soccer (futbol) and she's transforming into SOMETHING. KC said it was something we haven't encountered so that rules out demons, vamp, valkyrie, sorceress, and witch. However, i'm scared because I don't believe in this point of the book Ulieman has experienced his Vivisection and stint in the Center!!! :[[[[ I have a feeling that our hearts will be breaking during this book, but I have faith in KCs ability to give a good story and a HEA. Well, heres to hoping that this is better than her last book shadow's claim... :)

UPDATE: 2-19-2013
So I might be late but whatever. I just read the full description for the book which releases a lot of GASP-worthy details. I think I'm gonna love this book. I pretty much hated the last book, she wrote for the spin off series, However this one sounds like its back to the KC i've grown to love.

1. the hero is a tortured , brooding, scot lykae.
2. The heroine has gone through adversity and is human

YAY, it seems like it will be a combination of Lothaire and Conrads book as far as themes go , I think. I'm excited. THOUGHTS, CONCERNS ?????

UPDATE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE IT lol

OMG WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE THE GUY FROM THE WEN HAIR CARE INFOMERCIALS. EWWWWWWW

July 9 2012 from her FB and Twitter:

UPDATE: 11-29-12

On her twitter, KC said that Uilleam's mate is a species NEVER mentioned BEFORE!!!!!! OMG the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!

S&S website, my nemesis, you’ve scooped me again! :) Yes, my next IAD hardcover is titled MACRIEVE and yes, it’s coming out May 14th.

Don’t worry—Nix, Lanthe, and Furie will all get books! But Uilleam’s story fits better into the overall Accession timeline (plus my editor is jonesing for poor Uilleam, who we last saw escaping from the facility.) More news soon!

OMGGGGGGGGGGG , im so damn excited you have no idea. I'm obsessed

152 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read MacRieve.

07/02/2013 marked as: currently-reading
07/02/2013 page 368
100.0% "you know that moment when everything lines up in a series and you figured the most craziest thing out and you are just shocked. Well that just happened, yay, now i can wait like 3 years before i get to nix's book before i get validation. KILL ME" 9 comments
07/03/2013 marked as: read

Greta is Erikasbuddy Sweet mother of werewolves.... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) YAY! Finally a book for 'Hot' (or is it 'Hotter'?). I think the last we saw him he ran off to save his mate. Can't wait! And Lanthe will get her book next. Woo hoo!

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Anna wrote: "YAY! Finally a book for 'Hot' (or is it 'Hotter'?). I think the last we saw him he ran off to save his mate. Can't wait! And Lanthe will get her book next. Woo hoo!"
YUP, I KNOW LANTHE AND i think his name is thronos is like my obsession, they peaked my curiosity more than anyone else. I love these books to death. sorry about the all caps btw lol too lazy to revise

message 4: by Callum (new)

Callum I don't know whether to be cralling the walls with excitement or quietly plotting Kresleys death. I NEED ME SOME NIX GOD DAMN IT!!!

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Callum wrote: "I don't know whether to be cralling the walls with excitement or quietly plotting Kresleys death. I NEED ME SOME NIX GOD DAMN IT!!!"

THIS IS THE PERFECT STATEMENT. I FEEEEEEL THE EXACT FREAKING SAME. Nix's man has to be the ultimate amazing guy, someone who can take the weight of the world off her soldiers, i have no clue who it could be short of god lol. I feel like we haven't come across her mate yet

message 6: by Ginelli (new) - added it

Ginelli I don't think we ever will meet Nix's mate until in the alter part of the books. I can't wait for Nix's story as well.

message 7: by Sahara (new) - added it

Sahara Hoshi According to her twitter where I asked her today, the heroine is a species she has not yet introduced to the IAD word.

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Aja wrote: "According to her twitter where I asked her today, the heroine is a species she has not yet introduced to the IAD word."

YUP :)

Spacklefritz I think Nix's book would be probably the last book ... but aaaaaaaggh can't wait for this book to come out

Nykki I am DYING to read Nix story!!! I also this that it'll be the last one in the series

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana totally agree Nykki, i feel like a piece of my life is missing without that installment

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) Totally agree. Hate the cover. That is not how I am going to be imagining him when I read the book!

Karen Stone fecking hate the cover idk why people on facebook are praising it

Spacklefritz from the mouth down it's a good cover, but something about the face..idk if it's the lighting angle...but...yeah..something about that just throws me off

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Spacklefritz wrote: "from the mouth down it's a good cover, but something about the face..idk if it's the lighting angle...but...yeah..something about that just throws me off"

yuppppp! totes agree

Karen wrote: "fecking hate the cover idk why people on facebook are praising it"
I love kresley cole to the point of addiction however, i love the truth more. I'm a fan girl but I never lose reality and that is an ugly cover. why couldn't she just use paul marron again from lothaire, he was hot as all get!

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) wrote: "Totally agree. Hate the cover. That is not how I am going to be imagining him when I read the book!"
yeah i'm going to look up a nice hot picture stare at it for a good ten minutes and then read the book when it comes out so that way I don't have to think he looks like the guy from the Wen informercials

Karen Stone very funny...he does resemble the guy from wen...i was thinking more of jared leto in alexander the great when he played the gay lover of alexender/collin ferrell

message 17: by D.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

D.G. HAHAHAHAHA, Tai! So true! He really resembles that guy!!!

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "HAHAHAHAHA, Tai! So true! He really resembles that guy!!!"

Karen wrote: "very funny...he does resemble the guy from wen...i was thinking more of jared leto in alexander the great when he played the gay lover of alexender/collin ferrell"

HAHA omg I immediately thought Jaren leto but that isn't nearly as funny lol :)

message 20: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly Um...that's the cover?! Eeew.
I don't understand. Her covers are usually awesome. :/

Bianca I just laughed so hard!! You totally nailed it he looks just like Chaz Dean! I'm not a fan of this cover at all.

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Holly wrote: "Um...that's the cover?! Eeew.
I don't understand. Her covers are usually awesome. :/"

Ikr! Why can't she go back to the original covers where there was barely any face (unless its paul marron) and therefore I could make him the most beautiful rugged man in my head on earth.

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "His eyes are the worst part."
agreed :[

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Bianca wrote: "I just laughed so hard!! You totally nailed it he looks just like Chaz Dean! I'm not a fan of this cover at all."

LOL thanks!!

Kirsten I think he is going for that "I just got out of the facility" look. He just needs to freshen up! :)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) This made me laugh out loud. I didn't like the cover and wanted to see what others thought about it. Hahaha, your review makes it even worse in my eyes! I love it!

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Peep (Pop! Pop!) wrote: "This made me laugh out loud. I didn't like the cover and wanted to see what others thought about it. Hahaha, your review makes it even worse in my eyes! I love it!"

oh yeah you're not the only one who hates it!! LOL thanks!

Kirsten wrote: "I think he is going for that "I just got out of the facility" look. He just needs to freshen up! :)"

HOPE SO :D

Amanda I am disappointed in the cover. The guy is just not attractive and you nailed it with the wen guy

message 28: by Evgenia (last edited Feb 27, 2013 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Evgenia Worst cover ever to day! I am wondering what the editor was thinking, I just hope the story is better. I agree with u Tai, Trehan wasn't the strongest moment of Kresley! I hope for the best for this book!:)

message 29: by Sylvanna (new)

Sylvanna haha i am just really glad Lanthe is getting her book. been waiting for that for AGES

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Sylvanna wrote: "haha i am just really glad Lanthe is getting her book. been waiting for that for AGES"

hells to the yes. IT IS BY FAR THE MOST INTRIGUING book i think she will write. i mean of course im curious about nix but i feel like I will be dissapointed with nix because i love her too much and there is no way my expectation will be met, however, thronos has me so intrigued. I got the hots for the mysterious veckner

Rachel Lanthe and Thantos captured my interest from the moment they were introduced I have been waiting for their story for forever.

Rachel And did you know that it is Furie and Kristoff according to KC website?

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Rachel wrote: "And did you know that it is Furie and Kristoff according to KC website?"

I remember hearing that a while ago and that does seem interesting. I love valkyries but Vampires are my least favorite to read about! so I'm not currently chomping at the bits to read it lol

Rachel wrote: "Lanthe and Thantos captured my interest from the moment they were introduced I have been waiting for their story for forever."

YES! I'm in raptures at the their possiblities. I mean out of all the realtionships the little sliver of hints about their past seems so dramatic and perfect for a paranormal romance. I mean , it seems like their is sooo much we don't know. Honestly, I'm more intrigued than I was for lothaire and currently am for nix.

☆Eiko Once seen, it cannot be unseen... that guy from the cover and the one you posted about the commercial look very much alike.... it's impossible to think they are not the same people.

Chrisolu My God Tia, I can't take it. I need this book ASAP.

Chrisolu OMG he does look like the Wen guy.

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Chrisolu wrote: "OMG he does look like the Wen guy."

Ya i need it NOW!!!!! yeah totally resembles the dude

Eiko wrote: "Once seen, it cannot be unseen... that guy from the cover and the one you posted about the commercial look very much alike.... it's impossible to think they are not the same people."

haha ikr!!! its a conspiracy i tell ya ;)

Tonya lol maybe the wen guy when he was younger?

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Tanya wrote: "lol maybe the wen guy when he was younger?"

lol neh, I'm feeling like the wen guy now LOL

Chrisolu When will she release the first few chapters? Darn it, I'm going crazy.

Spacklefritz the first three chapters are up now :)

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana THANKS GUYS I UPDATED AND READ THE EXCERPT! I LOVED IT :) im super curious

message 44: by Spacklefritz (last edited Jun 04, 2013 12:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Spacklefritz YES! I'm wondering if Chloe may end up being (view spoiler) mostly because of what the last paragraph of the summary states. It's also a race we haven't yet encountered.

message 45: by Alana (last edited Jun 02, 2013 12:40PM) (new)

Alana OMG! LOL! You guys are killing me with the description of the book cover. But yeah, the guy on the cover is BUSTED! He actually looks creepy. Yes, I too cannot wait for the book to drop, one month to go! We can do this, 30 days people, just 30 days to go.

message 46: by Jenni (last edited Jun 02, 2013 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenni Ebba I absolutely love this series and though Uilleam isn't one of my must reads, I will doubtlessly enjoy his story. But to see Nix and Lanthe's soon to be HEAs... *Doing Happy Dance* I was absolutely absorbed in every scene with Lanthe and Nix. *Doing Happy Dance* And maybe Chloe is a dragon? Never seen that before. LOL.

Ashley whatttt 30 more days ?!

message 48: by Alana (new)

Alana Yeah, I read July 2 on Amazon as a release date. Am I wrong? Someone please tell me I'm wrong. I would LOVE to start reading this ASAP. I need my Lykae fix!

Ashley no i just checked sadly your right , for some reason i thought it was this month :(

Chrisolu Tai,

Maybe the supermarket will release this book early as it did with Lothaire.

« previous 1 3